Illustrated version of MacArthur's Luck coming soon!

This is what happened in the "real world"; how GIs read about Yalta in February 1945.

History's "might have beens"
The coverage of the Yalta Conference in the world of MacArthur's Luck?
A huge part of the fun in writing--and reading--alternate history is the images that it conjures up: the familiar juxtaposed with the something jarringly different. In the modern world we get to play with that kind of thing because image manipulation is so easy.

So I thought (after the fact, naturally) that maybe it would be fun for readers if I brought some of those altered images into the equation to illustrate MacArthur's Luck. It's a labor of love, and (to be brutally honest) I'm not the best in the world at it, but I'll soon be offering an illustrated version of the book (which also cleans up such annoying proofreading errors that either I or my eagle-eyed readers have discovered).

If you've already purchased MacArthur's Luck, don't worry. You can update to the new edition for free. If you haven't bought a copy yet, don't wait.

Use the contact form on this blog to send me you email address and I will make sure you get all the updates for MacArthur's Luck, the upcoming second volume--Stalin's Wager--and other projects I'm working on.

Comments